Were you a nurse in your home country?

If yes, you are Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) and you can become eligible to transfer your certification of Nurse Licence to Canada upon successful document evaluation and verification.


All IEN applicants must first apply to the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) for document evaluation and verification. NNAS provides a single, simple point-of-entry to become assessed for any one of the three categories of professional nursing in Canada – licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, and registered psychiatric.

NNAS is the mandatory first step for any IEN applicant who must be a graduate of a nursing education program (at least 3 years) outside of Canada and must provide evidence of language proficiency in English. This requirement may be met through successfully completing one of the following tests: CELBAN or IELTS (Academic only). The score of CELBAN is higher than Writing 7, Speaking 8, Listening 10, Reading 8 and score of IELTS is higher than Writing 7, Speaking 7, Listening 7.5, Reading 6.5.

Upon successful NNAS assessment, you will access to an Advisory Report and this report will be sent to the relevant regulatory body either CLPNBC for Practical Nurse or CRNBC for Registered Nurse. If you meet your requirements for CLPNBC, you will become eligible to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE). However, to become a Registered Nurse, you need to successfully complete one more stage before exam which is Substantially Equivalent Competency (SEC) Assessment. After the successful result of SEC assessment, you need to write National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX).

nurse 3

It is not easy and time-consuming process to become a nurse (PN or RN) here in Canada, but it will definitely satisfy your passion to help people in need. Also these professions are known as highly paid salary and a number of fields are in need of new, well-trained employees and unemployment rate in this healthcare industry is very low.

It takes heart and passion to begin a new professional path, whether the path is a new career, a move to a new province, or immigrating to a new country.

For more information please contact us at international@uvanu.com or WhatsApp! (ID: 1 604 618 5877)


UVANU International

2 thoughts on “Were you a nurse in your home country?

  1. Munmun says:

    Iam Munmun. ftom Sweden. I am a LPN
    license practical nurse…
    I need to know abiut join any courses for me here in Canada…. I moved to canada.. So please kind of you can you help me to join ir start any courses….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.