The Hospitality Management program at Selc Career College will be your lead in the global hospitality industry.
In this diploma course, you will study 16 AHLEI modules (American Hotel and Lodging Institute) for 12 months long. During this time you will acquire the concepts and theoretical knowledge of the industry to be able to carry out management and direction positions.
In the next 12 months, you will invest in Co-op practices in which you can develop and you will perfect your practical skills, applying all the concepts and theories previously studied.
After this period of 24 months, you will have to issue a final report of your practical experience and you will have to receive a good mark I order to obtain the 2-year Accreditation Diploma in Hospitality Management. In addition, you will get an AHLEI certificate recognized in 54 countries around the world. As well as the certifications in WHMIS, Food Safe and Serving it Right that will allow you to work in the Canadian Hospitality Industry.
- The Lodging and Food Service Industry
- Managing Front Office Operations
- Managing Service in Food and Beverage Operations
- Managing Beverage Service
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Managing Hospitality Human Resources
- Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
- Managing Housekeeping Operations
- Contemporary Club Management
- Food Safety: Managing with the HACCP System
- Planning and Control for Food and Beverage Operations
- Basic Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Leadership and Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Security and Loss Prevention Management
- Convention Management and Service
Timetable: Monday to Friday 5 pm to 9.30 pm
Requirements to be eligible for SELC Career College:
- Minimum age 19 years
- Identity Card with photo / Government Picture ID
- The minimum level of English: Intermediate. A level test will be carried out.
- Present the title or diploma of the highest degree of studies that is available.
- Study permit/work permit.
Requirements for the Hospitality Management program:
- IELTS: 5.5
- TOEFL (Paper-based): 530
- TOEFL (IBT) _ 65
- TOEIC: 605
- LPI: Level 5, Essay 25
- You don’t have to take one of these exams, you can just take a placement test at the school (even online, if you are not in Canada). The scores indicated are to give you an idea of the required level.
Materials required for the program:
- Notebooks/filing cabinet
- Hotel Manager
- Hotel General Manager
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Hotel Receptionist
- Banquet Server
- Cocktail Server
- Foods and Beverage Server
- Room Service Server
- Cafe Barista
- Dining Room
- Host / Hostess
- Bell Hop
- Front Desk Agent,
- Housekeeping Cleaner
- Building Maintenance,
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Transportation Ticket Agent
- Reservation Agent
- Travel Clerk
- Cruise Ship Personnel
- Tour Guide
Selc Career College is a school with Australian origin. It was founded in the city of Sydney in 1985. Since then, the school has been committed to quality education based on excellence and academic support.
In 2012, the first Selc Career College school was opened on the second floor of Building 321 of Water Street in Vancouver. Since then it has developed its own philosophy and culture, betting on a more personalized teaching.
Selc Career College is located in a prime location in Gastown, a few steps from the famous Steam Clock. Its facilities allow the student to enjoy a multicultural environment since the students are 39% European, 12% Latin American, 39% Asian and another 10% from elsewhere in the world. If you study at Selc, in addition, to grow professionally, you will make friends from all around the world!
If you want to have an experience in a multicultural learning environment and study this or another professional specialty, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain detailed information about the available programs.
We’ll help you get your visa and find the program or course that best suits your needs. Contact us and get to know everything we can do for you for free!!!
You may also be interested: Studying Business at SELC Career College