Can I work while I am studying? - Uvanu International

It is hard not to have incomes while studying abroad. Everybody has to pay the expenses of living but not every study permit allow you to have a job at the same time that studying.

After June 1st, ESL Schools don’t qualify anymore for having Work and Study Programs. If you are interested in taking this kind of courses, you still have the chance to be enrolled in a ESL School (link to our schools page) and apply for a study permit (link to our study permit page) before that date, even if you want to start your program later.

June 1st is a breaking line in the study immigration rules in Canada. The new regulation has the goal to “improve services to genuine students, while protecting Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and reducing the potential for fraud and misuse of the program” and for that Government of Canada will strengthen the post-secondary education.

That way, any student that pursue an academic, vocational or professional training of six months or more that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate at a designated institution, will hold a study permit that will automatically authorize the holder to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks and the practicum term without the need to apply for a separate work permit (

Some colleges has special promotions because of the new regulation and you can take advantage of that. If you want to work and study in Canada, it’s the time to enroll in a 6+6 Co-Op Diploma program in Business, Marketing, Hospitality Management, International Trade or Translation and Interpretation for $5.990 (promotion valid until May 31st).

Enjoy learning and working in Canada, UvanU International helps you to achieve your goal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.